Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chapter 74

"I can't believe this is happening."

'What next, we've already been delayed by fog, extreme low tides, the fucking Coast Guard, a metal-bending, rubber-burning, traffic-snarling, I-5 blocking traffic accident, and now the alternate route (Old 99) seems to have every signal stuck on red."

"You could miss your flight"

"I haven't missed a flight in 25 years, since me and Beets sat innocently drinking salty Margaritas as the TWA (!) 707 slipped past us at Sea-Tac the Christmas of '83, and I ain't gonna miss this one, either. So please tighten up your seat-belt and keep all unnecessary conversation to a minimum for the next 20 minutes or 8 miles, whichever comes first"

"You sometimes forget who you are talking to."

He was about to say sorry, you're right, when the dip-shit dimwit dogface dumb-fuck in the dented Dodge hit his brakes as he hit his gas. This leaving a diminishing amount of physical space between the cars. Rapidly diminishing. As is non-existent.

"I can't believe this is happening."

No comments: