Friday, February 22, 2008


My latest most favoite band, the Drive By Truckers. First heard 'em when I was down in Panama City Beach, FL for IM Florida, bought two of their CDs at Blockbuster and have been hooked ever since. How 'bout these for some lyrics:

My mama told me your life is such a mess
Your dummer than dogshit is what my Daddy said
I was just sixteen when they showed me the door
I keep their picture but don't look at it no more

My first wife told me you need to get a life
My second wife told me to get another life
I bought a bottle and the Impala's parked by that tree
So come on darlin', if ya wanna be number three

Sometimes I feel like shit
Sometimes it ain't half of it
Somtimes I'm so high I'm afraid to go to sleep
Sometimes I'm lower than the company I keep

Lyrics by Patterson Hood/Music by Drive By Truckers

BIG thanks to Matt and Jan for giving me a ticket to see them at the Showbox.

No comments: