Monday, September 21, 2015

Day 9.174 Before the After

This is going to be a two-part post. I have some time in the middle of this day, so I am off to enjoy a trail walk with the hounds. It is a beautiful day in the Northwest, but I have yet to come up with a topic, something I am hoping the walk will stimulate. See you in an hour when I have increased my appreciation of the outdoors and understanding of the creative process. Hi ho.


Part two: I came away with little more than some exercise but took a few steps closer to solving the daily dilemma. That being my unnerving inability to completely accept the present situation as fleeting. I am one of those boomers raised on the commandment that one must own property and pay taxes on the white picket fence in order to call oneself successful. It has been over a year now since the distress sale of my cabin in the woods (now even Thoreau is grave rolling) and I love being out of debt and without a daily stream of associated bills finding their way into my mailbox as a direct result of that ownership. The flip to that flop is now I need to rent as the welcome sign has been removed from my current habituation situation. On good terms, make no mistake, but I now fully realize the importance that managing my own space holds over me. I am responsible for my own feng shui again. Space, like freedom, isn't free.

In pondering this challenge I came across a juicy quote from a site I frequent called AONC, the Art Of Non-Conformity. Prior to this I hadn't realized that it was an art form, so this was yet another unexpected compliment from the universe at large. Many know, few do. The quote is in the form of a question:

"Will I face the fear of today, or the regret of forever?"


I have a note to author. A note I have been putting off for many months.

Face it.



No comments: