Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 191, Vineman Race Day

I didn't need an alarm for the 0400 wake up call. I am used to sleeping light the night before an event and I was up and at 'em before the iPhone played its morning marimba.

I was in my position at the start of the bike leg by 5.

We decided, due to coastal fog and some light drizzle, that I would go with the sweep crew, last. ETD of 0945. I could have slept another two hours.

Almost immediately on the first take it became apparent that I was not going to be able to accomplish the objective of the shoot, keep it clean with as few bikers as possible in the frame. This is for the gamers. They want it that way. OK fine.

We captured all 56, then, in the pack.

Two hours later, including some harrowing descents and seriously tight turns, we had it. BUT…

I wasn't satisfied.

Sped back to the motel, downloaded the media and GPS, and took off for another lap.

Another two hours and I had what, I hope, they want with a very clean, just behind the last finishers, 56 miles.

Two takes. Some great stuff. I hope everyone will be happy.

But now I am toast. Made it through with 100% (or close to it) focus. But the toll was high. I need a nap.

And some food.

And a massage.

I will settle for this ice cold Negra Modelo until a Thai massage therapist with some pesto penne knocks on door 143.

We got it. Race Day 2014. In the can.

No comments: